Here are a few things you should know about CSE 231:
- The course is offered as a hybrid ("flipped") class. Instead of a lecture we created a series of videos. The videos
supplement the text, that is, you need to read the text. Each week you will
A hybrid or online course requires a different personal discipline than a typical in-class course.
Students in Sections 1-25 have a physical lab to attend. Students in Section 730, the fully online section, do labs on
Read the Syllabus; it lays out the important details.
Here are highlights:
- Read a chapter in the text.
- Watch videos that demonstrate techniques.
- Complete online exercises (collaboatively).
- Complete a lab, including a pre-lab exercise (collaboatively).
- Complete a programming project (on your own).
Start here: Week 0 under Online Content.
- Due Dates: This course is not asynchronous; you will have regular deadlines that count toward your final grade. See
- Exams: There are three exams (two midterms and a final).
Your first stop is Piazza (piazza.com) where students can post questions
and get answers from a TA, the instructors, or other students. There is also a help room.
- Text: The text is listed in the syllabus.
- Labs: Note the weird way we count labs toward your grade. They only count implicitly in that if you don't
do them, we reduce your final grade by a lot!
Please send email if you have questions.
Rich Enbody: firstname.lastname@example.org
Imen Zaabar: email@example.com